Cage Without a Key (1975)


Director Buzz Kulik

Writer Joanna Lee

Genre Drama

Year 1975

Actors Susan Dey, Jonelle Allen, Sam Bottoms, Anne Bloom

IMDB : 6.9 (69 votes)


Description A high school girl who needs a ride accepts one from a boy she doesn't know. He then forces her to participate in a robbery, in which a clerk is killed. They are soon caught, and the girl, despite her protestations of innocence, is convicted of first-degree murder and sent to prison. Once she gets there, she finds out that her troubles are just beginning.


  • Tempe1962 2017-03-15 04:46:25
    I remember watching this movie when I was a kid and being mad that Tommy got killed.
  • MrStud1167 2017-02-24 09:38:10
    love this movie...susan dey is great in this....i really feel for her sometimes innocent people really get screwed over ....
  • Kendrea Woodring 2017-02-10 01:24:45
    This is a good movie but I do not understand. It appears as though juveniles are being held with much older women in this place. Is that how it was back then? Also, it appears that the inmates are given a lot more freedom than one would expect--granted it's still a locked facility but I am just a bit confused. Good movie though.
  • Belinda Cuellar 2017-02-09 21:27:43
    That's the biggest mistake any teenager can make, is hitchhiking and getting into a car with a stranger because either way there's a 30 percent chance you will meet a good friend and the 70 percent chance he can be harmed and kidnapped or being there when the driver makes his damaging mistakes that will take you a long with him and getting charged with the same actions that you didn't do. I am pretty sure this movie actually happened for real.
  • Belinda Cuellar 2017-02-09 21:20:23
    And he's a complete liar towards her
  • Belinda Cuellar 2017-02-09 21:19:34
    she should of screamed out loud in front of the police that she was actually kidnapped by the driver because it's true, and because he wouldn't let her get out of the vehicle and all she wanted was a ride and hoping she could get a long with the driver but, she didn't realize he was a total trouble maker!
  • Jimmy Mallet 2017-02-09 02:51:30
    thank you for the upload
  • jo calla 2017-01-30 00:35:13
    the guy @10:07 sounds really creepy I would stand my ground and say let me out of the damn car lol
  • Kitty Crazy 2017-01-18 20:31:37
    That's it? The cops just arrest both of them no questions asked? No work done before hand to figure out what happened? They never heard of a robber holding hostage.
  • qwyzl 2017-01-16 08:28:12
    any country that throws away its children is NOT "the greatest country in the world."  and that "pipeline to prison" crap has to stop.  america is NOT "the greatest country" -- if it is, then it's along the same lines as the ancient roman empire.  back when mentally unstable psychopathic lunatics were the indisputable rulers and slavery and wasted lives was common place.
  • CherieJ Peden 2016-12-09 08:05:47
    Everyone in my class wanted to look like Susan Dey. She was so cool in 'The Partridge Family".
  • sccc 2016-12-05 01:28:56
    if id made this load of shit I hope id have the decency to kill myself.
  • Stuka Kaiser 2016-12-01 09:30:51
    nowadays someone can brutally murder someone and just be lucky to get 2 years!
  • southsyde Sasha 2016-11-19 09:16:41
    I love Tommy
  • Boo Spanyer Cassiopeia 2016-11-12 03:21:52
    *thank you* for this wonderful film nice person!
  • Debbie Rose 2016-11-11 02:34:32
    Susan Dey is a great actress and under-appreciated. All of this is just horrible. She is 17-the character and I wouldn't want my child of that age to go through this. Can't her mom visit? I am 1:04 into the movie and just can't believe it. The control factor! The naiveté.  Arrgg.  And Cynthia Lymann, yes it was normal to hitch a ride in the 70s and the feeling was no worries and its ok. Not sure if that is being an ostrich with his head in the sand, but I remember we didn't think of these things/have the worries til the 80s and started to talk about it more and work on these issues more in the 80s. This movie is good, but frustrating too. Thanks for posting.
  • hippie doll 2016-10-28 21:40:16
    i remember seeing this movie on t.v. with my mom & dad, when i was really little.
  • Diane Kurnick 2016-10-23 01:23:04
    Really excellent. I had not seen this one and greatly appreciate your posting it. Thank you!
  • sweety gal 2016-10-20 02:09:45
    is this a true story?
  • Susie Arviso 2016-10-16 00:58:36
    None of them girls look like criminals or anything less than goody goods.

Random movies

  • Dog Day Afternoon (1975)  

    Dog Day Afternoon (1975)

    Based upon a real-life story that happened in the early seventies in which the Chase Manhattan Bank in Gravesend, Brooklyn, was held siege by a gay bank robber determined to steal enough money for his male lover to undergo a sex change operation. On a hot summer afternoon, the First Savings Bank of Brooklyn is held up by Sonny and Sal, two down-and-out characters. Although the bank manager and female tellers agree not to interfere with the robbery, Sonny finds that there's actually nothing much...